Dental Consumables Market – Set to Witness a Steady Growth by 2026
written by Medi-Tech Insights, Monday, May 23rd, 2022
The global Dental Consumables Market is expected to grow at a rate of 6% to reach $25 billion by 2026. The growing prevalence of oral health problems and dental disorders, the rising geriatric population, rising demand for cosmetic dentistry, increasing dental tourism in developing countries, and increasing awareness regarding the importance of oral health are key factors driving the global dental consumables market.
Dentistry is one of the oldest professions dating back to 7000 BC. Dental consumables are products used on patients by dental practitioners or dentists to treat and/or perform procedures associated with preventive, restorative, diagnostic, and emergency oral health issues. Dental consumables primarily comprise dental implants, crowns and bridges, dental biomaterial, orthodontics, endodontics, and periodontics. The various repairs and preventive care associated with the oral health treatment of the ever-growing population worldwide have consistently added to the growth of the dental consumables market globally.
The Advent of CAD/CAM Technology in Cosmetic Dentistry Drives the Dental Consumables Market
Nowadays, modern dental practice implies an increased application of information and communication technologies. Dental CAD/CAM is a relatively new technology that can improve the patient experience during dental treatment. CAD/CAM dentistry uses software that makes it possible for dental professionals to perform complex restorations faster, more efficiently, and sometimes more accurately. Both dental practices and laboratories use CAD/CAM technology to construct restorations like crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers, bridges, dentures, and implant-supported restorations from high-strength ceramic.
Dental CAD/CAM also makes orthodontic treatment easier, by using this technology dentists can take digital scans of a patient’s teeth, which are faster and more accurate than making molds. High adoption of dental consumables in the treatment of tooth restoration, dental impairments, and problems related to gingival tissues is expected to further boost the market growth. For Instance,
- In December 2021, Dentsply Sirona entered into a partnership with 3Shape, to enhance the technique of capturing dental impressions by integrating 3Shape’s software.
- In February 2021, Align Technology, Inc. announced the launch of the iTero Element® Plus Series, intending to expand the company’s portfolio of iTero Element scanners and imaging systems to include new solutions that serve a broader range of the dental market.
Growing Opportunities in Dental Tourism Fuels the Dental Consumables Market
Along with the medical tourism industry, dental tourism has become a trending industry as many patients travel around the world to receive dental treatment. The high cost of dental care services, lack of insurance coverage, and dissatisfaction with available services in home countries have motivated people to seek affordable, speedy, and better quality dental care in foreign countries. This market has grown exponentially in the last few years, with countries such as India, Mexico, Hungary, Poland, and Turkey emerging as fast-growing dental tourism destinations. Advancement in technology, low travel & labor costs, availability of better quality dental materials, and professionally trained dental specialists in emerging countries is expected to drive the market growth in these countries.
“The rapid development of digital dentistry technologies over the past several decades has enabled clinicians to improve patient care by significantly reducing the time necessary for the restorative phase of treatment. Advancements in intra-oral scanning and computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) will further boost the market in the coming years.” – President, Operations and Supply Chain, Dental Consumables Company, United States
Key Challenges/ Constraints: Dental Consumables Market
The high costs associated with dental procedures, limited reimbursement policies for dental implants and periodontal surgeries, and high risk and complications associated with dental bridges and orthodontic treatments are some of the key factors restricting the growth of the dental consumables market.
Competitive Landscape Analysis: Dental Consumables Market
Some of the key players operating in the market include Straumann Holding AG, Envista Holding Corporation, Dentsply Sirona Inc., 3M Company, Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., Henry Schein Inc., Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Young Innovations Inc., Septodont Holding, Kulzer (Mitsui Chemicals Inc.), Nakanishi Inc., Align, OSSTEM Implant Co, Hu-Friedy Mfg Co., KAVO, Kerr Dental, Patterson Companies Inc., Nobel Biocare(Danaher Corporation), EnvisionTEC, Planmeca OY, Camlog Biotechnologies, BioHorizons, Sweden & Martina, and Bicon Dental Implants, among others.
Companies Adopting Inorganic Growth Strategies to Increase their Market Share
Players operating in this market are adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies such as collaborations, acquisitions, and new product launches to garner market share. For instance,
- In February 2022, Young Innovation announced the acquisition of Medical Purchasing Solutions (MPS), which is a leading supplier of pharmaceuticals and other surgical supplies that meet the needs of the growing oral pain management, oral surgery, and dental implant markets.
- In February 2022, Envista Holdings Corporation announced that they have entered into a partnership agreement with the Vitaldent Group. This agreement will position Envista as the preferred supplier in the implants field providing Nobel Biocare (Implants) and Spark (clear aligners) products line & services to their customers.
- In December 2021, Envista Holdings Corporation NVST received the approval of the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for the Nobel Biocare N1 implant system.
The global dental consumables market is a growing market that is expected to gain further momentum in the coming years due to technological advancements, new product launches, increasing investments from private equity, capital ventures, and aggressive organic and inorganic growth strategies followed by the players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Key Strategic Questions Addressed
- What is the market size & forecast of the Dental Consumables market?
- What are the historical, present, and forecasted market shares and growth rates of various segments and sub-segments of the Dental Consumables market?
- How has Covid impacted the Dental Consumables market?
- What are the major growth drivers, restraints/challenges impacting the market?
- What are the opportunities prevailing in the market?
- How is the investment landscape?
- Which region has the highest share in the global market? Which region is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the next 5 years?
- Who are the major players operating in the Dental Consumables market? What is the competitive positioning of key players?
- Who are the new players entering the Dental Consumables market?
- What are the key strategies adopted by players?
The study has been compiled based on the extensive primary and secondary research.
Secondary Research (Indicative List)
To validate research findings (market size & forecasts, market segmentation, market dynamics, competitive landscape, key industry trends, etc.), extensive primary interviews were conducted with both supply and demand side stakeholders.
Supply Side Stakeholders:
- Senior Management Level: CEOs, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Directors, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Commercial Officers
- Mid-Management Level: Product Managers, Sales Managers, Brand Managers, R&D Managers, Business Development Managers, Consultants
Demand Side Stakeholders:
- Stakeholders in Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Dental Laboratories, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Other End Users.
Breakdown of Primary Interviews
Market Size Estimation
Both ‘Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches’ were used to derive market size estimates and forecasts.
Research findings derived through secondary sources & internal analysis was validated with Primary Interviews, Internal Knowledge Repository and Company’s Sales Data.
You May Find helpful!
The Global Diabetes Devices Market is expected to grow at a rate of ~6% by 2026.
written by Medi-Tech Insights, Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022Read More
The Global Intraocular Lens (IOLs) Market valued at US $3.9 billion in 2021 and
written by Medi-Tech Insights, Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022Read More
The Global Orthobiologics Market valued at $5.4 billion (2021), is set to witnes