Patient Registry Software Market – Transforming the Healthcare Information System
The Global Patient Registry Software Market is expected to grow at a healthy rate of 11-14% by 2027. The rising adoption of electronic health records (EHR) & eHealth solutions, the increasing number of chronic or rare diseases, and the initiatives taken by the government to build patient registries are some of the key factors driving the growth of the global patient registry software market.
A patient registry is an organized system to collect uniform data from a group of individuals who share a common disease or treatment. It is a complex methodology that answers research questionnaires for population-related research. The patient registry database helps healthcare providers monitor the outcomes of a clinical study, or treatment, or for tracking an implant in a patient.
Covid-19 Bolsters the Growth of the Patient Registry Software Market
During the covid-19 pandemic, the patient registry became an important tool to study the trends in Covid-19 vaccination clinical trials. Due to lockdown and government restrictions in hospitals clinical trials were stalled. The significant benefit of patient registry software is the ease of tracking patient data or any adverse incident related to a clinical trial.
Government bodies in key and developed countries such as the U.S. utilized patient registry software to support nationwide tracking and reporting of infections and immunization. There was a surge in the usage of patient registry software, for tracking patient information, vaccination supply information, and maintaining other related records. The software allowed Covid-19 cases to be managed uniquely across various agencies and organizations.
Growing Prevalence of Chronic & Rare Diseases, Increased Adoption of EHR & eHealth Solutions, Favourable Government Initiatives, and Expanding Application Horizon of the Software Are Driving the Patient Registry Software Market
The growing cases of chronic & rare diseases, the rising adoption of EHR & eHealth solutions, and the favorable initiatives taken by the government to incorporate patient registry software in the healthcare sector are some of the pivotal factors driving the patient registry software market. Patient registry software application areas are changing rapidly. These registries are now designed to support clinical research medical adherence analysis, post-marketing surveillance, and management of drugs and medical devices.
The rise in the number of new or rare chronic diseases has led to an increase in R&D investments for drug discovery, thereby increasing the number of clinical trials. Patient registries play an important role in healthcare and clinical research analysis. The software is used to monitor and analyze the outcomes of a clinical trial.
- In January 2022, IQVIA collaborated with GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer to develop an improved Global Lung Cancer Registry. This registry will securely gather data from patients across the globe and will be accessible to researchers and patients to identify the trends in a clinical trial.
- In November 2020, The American Academy of Pediatrics partnered with ArborMetrix to develop an advanced clinical registry for the well-being and development of all children.
Market Constraints/Challenges: Patient Registry Software Market
The major hindrance in the growth of the patient registry software market is the inconsistent data collection format which has led to a lack of interoperability and integration in patient registries. Patient data security and the lack of skilled professionals are some of the other key factors that are likely to hamper the growth of the global patient registry software market.
North America Accounts for the Largest Share of Global Patient Registry Software Market
North America holds the largest market share of the patient registry software market. This can be mainly attributed to government support to establish and implement patient registries in various clinical studies, advanced health management programs, experts' availability, key players' presence, and the region's developed healthcare system. The patient registry software market growth in the APAC region is mainly driven by rising incidences of chronic diseases due to an increasing geriatric population. The rise in demand to improve the healthcare system and reduce its costs, increasing demand for EHRs, growing medical tourism, and rising awareness about the benefits of EHR is expected to drive the market growth in Asian countries.
Competitive Landscape Analysis: Patient Registry Software Market
Some of the few key and established players operating in the global patient registry software market are listed below:-
- IBM Corporation
- IQVIA Holdings
- OpenText Corporation
- ArborMetrix Inc.
- Dacima Software Inc.
- ImageTrend Inc, among others.
Organic and Inorganic Growth Strategies Adopted by Leading Players to Establish Their Strong Foothold in Patient Registry Software Market
Leading players operating in this market are adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies such as collaborations, acquisitions, and new product launches to garnera larger market share.
- In Feb 2023, the Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Foundation partnered with IQVIA for the development of the ADPKD Registry, which will track longitudinal quality-of-life information from patients across North America. This collaboration will allow the registry to compare patient-reported data with patient records in clinical trial data, and with new interoperability rules taking effect, this will become easier as patients participating in the registry release their electronic health records (EHRs).
- In June 2019, Aceela partnered with cloudPWR to develop a cloud-based medical cannabis program registry. This registry aids in tracking and processing, the records and applications for medical cannabis given by patients, caregivers, and licensed businesses. The platform provides a perfect solution for state and HIPAA-compliant medical cannabis registries.
The global patient registry software market is expected to gain further shoot in the upcoming years due to rising incidences of chronic diseases, the need to integrate and digitalize health care records, the rising investment in R&D and the number of clinical trials, and aggressive organic and inorganic growth strategies followed by the key market players.
Key Strategic Questions Addressed in this Research Report:
- What is the market size & forecast for the patient registry software market?
- What are the historical, present, and forecasted market shares and growth rates of various segments and sub-segments of the patient registry software market?
- How has Covid-19 impacted the patient registry software market?
- What are the major growth drivers, restraints/challenges impacting the patient registry software market?
- What are the opportunities prevailing in the patient registry software market?
- What is the investment landscape of patient registry software market?
- Which region has the highest share in the global market? Which region is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the next 5 years?
- Who are the major players operating in the market? What is the competitive positioning of key players?
- Who are the new players entering the patient registry software market?
- What are the key strategies adopted by players in patient registry software market?
1. Research Methodology
1.1. Secondary Research
1.2. Primary Research
1.3. Market Estimation
1.4. Market Forecasting
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1. Market Dynamics
3.1.4. Market Trend
3.2. Industry Speaks
3.3. Technological Advancements
4. Snapshot: Pricing Models (Subscription Model & Ownership Model)
5. Global Patient Registry Software Market - Size & Forecast (2019-2027), By Type of Registry
5.1. Disease Registries
5.2. Health Service Registries
5.3. Product Registries
6. Global Patient Registry Software Market - Size & Forecast (2019-2027), By Type of Software
6.1. Stand-alone Software
6.2. Integrated Software
7. Global Patient Registry Software Market - Size & Forecast (2019-2027), By Functionality
7.1. Population Health Management
7.2. Patient Care Management
7.3. Medical Research and Clinical Studies
7.4. Other Functionalities
8. Global Patient Registry Software Market - Size & Forecast (2019-2027), By End-User
8.1. Hospital and Medical Practices
8.2. Research Centres
8.3. Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Medical Device Companies
8.4. Other End-users
9. Global Patient Registry Software Market - Size & Forecast (2019-2027), By Region
9.1. North America (U.S. & Canada)
9.2. Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
9.3. Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Rest of Asia Pacific)
9.4. Rest of the World (Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1. Key Players and their Competitive Positioning
10.1.1. Competitive Positioning of Players (2022)
10.1.2. Segment-wise Player Mapping
10.2. Key Strategies Assessment, By Player (2020-2022)
10.2.1. New Product & Service Launches
10.2.2. Partnerships, Agreements, & Collaborations
10.2.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2.4. Geographic Expansion
11. Key Companies Scanned (Indicative List)
11.1. IBM Corporation
11.2. IQVIA Holdings
11.3. Open Text Corporation
11.5. Arbor Metrix Inc
11.7. Dacima Software Inc
11.8. Image Trend Inc
11.9. Other Key Players
The study has been compiled based on extensive primary and secondary research.
Secondary Research (Indicative List)
To validate research findings (market size & forecasts, market segmentation, market dynamics, competitive landscape, key industry trends, etc.), extensive primary interviews were conducted with both supply and demand side stakeholders.
Supply Side Stakeholders:
- Senior Management Level: CEOs, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Directors, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Commercial Officers
- Mid-Management Level: Product Managers, Sales Managers, Brand Managers, R&D Managers, Business Development Managers, Consultants
Demand Side Stakeholders:
- Stakeholders in Hospitals and Medical Practices, Government Organizations, Biopharma & Medical Companies and Other End Users.
Breakdown of Primary Interviews
Market Size Estimation
Both ‘Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches’ were used to derive market size estimates and forecasts.
Research findings derived through secondary sources & internal analysis were validated with Primary Interviews, Internal Knowledge Repository, and Company Sales Data.