Animal Health Market – Transforming New Era for Animals & Humans
written by Medi-Tech Insights, Monday, June 20th, 2022
The Global Animal Health Market is expected to grow at a rate of 4% to reach $49 billion by 2026. Growing awareness regarding animal health products, rising demand for protein-rich food including meat, milk, eggs, and fish, increasing prevalence of zoonotic and food-borne diseases, increasing trend of companion animal adoption, and rising investments in research and development of medications & vaccines for animal care are some of the key factors driving the global animal health market.
Animal health is a medical disciple that emphasizes the prevention, detection, control, and therapeutics associated with veterinary diseases, disorders, and injuries. Animal health covers a broad spectrum of animal species, including the domesticated and wild, with an extensive range of conditions that affect several species. It involves taking care of animals with the appropriate use of vaccines, anti-infective and anti-parasitic drugs, a complete range of fertility management products, pharmaceutical specialty products, innovative delivery solutions, performance technologies, and value-added programs, such as pet recovery services and livestock data management tools.
Innovations in Animal Health Market
Scientific advances, innovations, and emerging technologies from artificial intelligence to stem cell therapy and new generations of vaccines, have provided greater opportunities to predict, prevent, diagnose and treat animal illness more quickly, accurately, and safely. Veterinary researchers and developers continue to break new ground in reducing disease spread and its impact due to the development of new medicines and vaccinations for animal health. Recently, several technological developments have been made to improve the quality of life of animals such as:
- In April 2022, Zoetis announced its latest innovation in diagnostics with the addition of artificial intelligence (AI) blood smear testing to its multi-purpose platform, Vetscan ImagystTM. Vetscan Imagyst is a first-of-its-kind technology with a multitude of applications, helping veterinarians broaden in-clinic diagnostic offerings to provide the best possible care for dogs and cats.
- In January 2022, Zoetis announced the addition of new digital solutions to their Performance Ranch™ and BLOCKYARD™ tool to enhance cattle data management.
- In June 2021, Vetoquinol announced the launch of a new device called Phovia for faster skin recovery in dogs and cats.
“A new wave of innovation from smart sensors that continually monitor vital signs and AI-driven prediction technologies to mRNA vaccines, feed supplemented with health-boosting ingredients, and many more scientific advances offer enormous potential for better animal health. An advancement in digital technologies monitoring and surveillance enables individual-level treatment, even in groups of hundreds or thousands of animals. Technology has a key role to play.” – President, Global Operations, Animal Health Company, United States
Increased Adoption of Pet Animals for Companionship & Communities
Pet ownership has skyrocketed across the globe. Over 50% of households in major markets currently own a pet which rises to over 80% in nations like Brazil and Argentina. This reflects the increased recognition that pets are not only companions but offer tangible benefits to our health and happiness. Research also shows pets improve the lives of their owners and may help them live longer. Moreover, pet owners are more likely to get to know their neighborhood than those without pets, which can lead to more community engagement and improves the quality of life and relationships. Growth in companion animal ownership is expected to boost the consumption of parasiticides antimicrobial & antibiotics, vaccines, feed additives, and growth promoters, which in turn is expected to fuel the market in the coming years.
North America Likely to Continue its Dominance in the Coming Years
From a geographical perspective, North America holds a major market share of the animal health market. This can be attributed to an increasing number of pet owners in this region – more than 67% of American households own pets, rising incidence of zoonotic diseases, higher expenditure on pet care products, rising initiatives taken by government animal welfare organizations to enhance animal health, technological advancements & increase in research and development activities by prominent players in this region. APAC is also expected to witness strong growth in the coming years, due to increasing awareness about animal health, rising adoption of pet animals for companionship, and increasing investment by key players in research and development to develop innovative vaccines & medicines for animal health in this region.
Competitive Landscape Analysis: Animal Health Market
Some of the key players operating in the animal health market are Merck Animal Health, Ceva Sante Animale, Vetoquinol S.A., Zoetis, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Elanco, IDEXX, Heska Corporation, Covetrus, DRE Veterinary, Mars Inc., Virbac, Televet, Abaxis, Genus PLC, Phibro Animal Health Corporation, B.Braun Vet Care, Bayer, Dechra Pharmaceuticals, Neogen, Nutreco N.V., Eli Lilly & Company, and SeQuent Scientific Ltd., among others.
Companies Adopting both Organic & Inorganic Growth Strategies to Increase their Market Share in Animal Health Market
Players operating in the global animal health market are adopting both organic and inorganic growth strategies such as collaborations, acquisitions, funding, and new product launches to garner market share. For instance,
- In June 2022, Zoetis announced an agreement to acquire Basepaws, a privately held pet care genetics company. This acquisition will advance Zoetis’ portfolio in the precision animal health space and will inform and shape its future pipeline of petcare innovations.
- In June 2022, Boehringer Ingelheim and CarthroniX announced that they have entered into a research collaboration to pursue small molecule therapeutics in canine oncology. The collaboration will focus on identifying new molecules to target cancers in dogs.
- In April 2022, Elanco entered into a strategic alliance with Royal DSM to develop, manufacture, and commercialize Bovaer® for beef and dairy cattle. Bovaer® is a first-in-class and best-in-class methane-reducing innovative feed additive for beef and dairy cattle.
- In January 2022, Zoetis announced that they have received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval to use Solensia™, its first and only injectable monoclonal antibody (mAb) treatment to control the pain of osteoarthritis (OA) in cats, helping improve their mobility, comfort and overall well-being.
The animal health market is a growing market that is expected to gain further momentum in the coming years due to technological advancements, rising R&D investments, new product launches, and aggressive organic and inorganic growth strategies followed by the players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Key Strategic Questions Addressed
- What is the market size & forecast for the Animal Health Market?
- What are the historical, present, and forecasted market shares and growth rates of various segments and sub-segments of the Animal Health Market?
- How has Covid-19 impacted the Animal Health Market?
- What are the major growth drivers, restraints/challenges impacting the Animal Health market?
- What are the opportunities prevailing in the market?
- How is the investment landscape of Animal Health Market?
- Which region has the highest share in the global market? Which region is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the next 5 years?
- Who are the major players operating in the market? How is the competitive positioning of key players?
- Who are the new players entering the animal health market?
- What are the key strategies adopted by players in animal health market?
The study has been compiled based on the extensive primary and secondary research.
Secondary Research (Indicative List)
To validate research findings (market size & forecasts, market segmentation, market dynamics, competitive landscape, key industry trends, etc.), extensive primary interviews were conducted with both supply and demand side stakeholders.
Supply Side Stakeholders:
- Senior Management Level: CEOs, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Directors, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Commercial Officers
- Mid-Management Level: Product Managers, Sales Managers, Brand Managers, R&D Managers, Business Development Managers, Consultants
Demand Side Stakeholders:
- Stakeholders in Veterinary Hospitals & Clinics, Animal Care & Rehabilitation Centers, Diagnostic Centers, Animal Farm, and Other End Users.
Breakdown of Primary Interviews
Market Size Estimation
Both ‘Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches’ were used to derive market size estimates and forecasts.
Research findings derived through secondary sources & internal analysis was validated with Primary Interviews, Internal Knowledge Repository and Company’s Sales Data.
You May Find helpful!
Global Ostomy Devices Market is expected to grow at a rate of 4-5% to reach 3.2
written by Medi-Tech Insights, Tuesday, July 5th, 2022Read More
The Global Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs) Market is set to witness a CAGR of 4.5
written by Medi-Tech Insights, Tuesday, July 5th, 2022Read More
The Global Cardiopulmonary Devices Market valued at $2.8 billion in 2021 is set